Saturday, May 12, 2018

Breakfast Book Tag

I decided a while back that I wanted to work on a few book tags because they look so fun. So, mining through the great expanse of the internet looking for ones to complete, I came up with one of my own! As this one is of my own creation, please feel free to use it (images and all, if desired), but please link back to either this post, or my blog, Clockwork Bibliotheca, in general. Be on the lookout for more tags over the next while from me. Here we go!
------------------------------------

1) Sunny Side Up - A book that just makes you happy every time you read it.


Rose in Bloom by Louisa May Alcott always makes me smile. It's just a lovely feel-good story with the sweetest ending. Read Eight Cousins first though to get the full experience of the characters and their growth.

2) Crispy Bacon - A couple that has a sizzling romance.


I've got to go with Claire and Jamie from Outlander. If these two don't get you...well, I think we're going to have drastically different tastes in romance. Their romance is sweet, hot, and passionate as hell.

3) Maple Syrup Pancakes - One sweet moment from a great book.


In Agnes Grey by Anne Brontë, there is a lovely little moment when Mr. Weston helps Agnes to pick some primroses that she has difficulty reaching. It's a sweet display of gentlemanly behaviour.

4) Scrambled - A book that confused you.

One of the first books that came to mind was Mansfield Park by Jane Austen. It was the first of her works that I read and I wasn't familiar with the plot at all in advance. Although it was a bit tricky at times, I managed pretty well...except for the lengthy dialogue. There were large parts of conversation where no mention is made of who is speaking, so I often got lost and had to go back and count it out!

5) Full English - This novel has a little bit of everything in it.

No doubt about it, I have to say the Outlander series for this one. Time travel, romance, historical fiction, magic and mythology, war, and intrigue, this series really has it all...except for aliens. No aliens (so far, haha).

6) Quiche - A favourite book translated from a different language.



For the sake of change, I'm going to pick a book that I don't really talk about much, which is Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank. which was originally written in Dutch. I do have several translated books that I adore, and this is one that will always have a place on my shelves.

7) Hash Browns - It might be bad for you, but who cares?


...that brief moment when I try to sneak in a comment about Harry Potter fan fiction and hope no one notices...(I definitely like to binge these on occasion).

8) Pizza - A book that breaks the cliché.


The Paper Bag Princess by Robert Munsch has a very special place in my heart. It might be a picture book, but it is a great one for adults as well as children. With resourceful and ingenuity, Princess Elizabeth learns exactly what she is worth - and that's the best kind of happily ever after.

9) Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict - Your guilty pleasure read.


Honestly, any of the Shadowhunters novels by Cassandra Clare. I have a little bit of an addiction to them, and can't believe I waited so long to start. The Infernal Devices are my particular favourites, but Lady Midnight  was also incredible.

----------------
Alright, so that was my first tag! If you liked it, please keep it going - I'd love to hear your answers.

2 comments:

  1. This was such a great tag! I may just have to try it out myself. And it also succeeded in making me very very hungry...
    I have to agree with the Shadowhunter books and I still need to read the Outlander series! It's honestly shameful I haven't because all I hear are great things.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chloe! I'd love it if you did it when you get the chance.
      I'm on the fourth Outlander book right now, but having a much harder time getting through it. I would say though at least try the first book (or watch season 1 of the show) because that is still my favourite.

      Delete